Hola divas! Happy New Year! Can you believe it is 2014? We will be finishing up our Maintain Don’t Gain Holiday Challenge in the next few days!!! How did you do in the maintaining but not gaining department?
If you did well….GREAT…you are off to an excellent start to the New Year! If you didn’t maintain and are up a few pounds……SO WHAT! You can still be off to an excellent start to the New Year!
How can you be off to a good start to the New Year regardless of gained or loss weight? It is simple….a good start to the New Year is not circumstantial a good start, a good finish a good middle…whatever….is a choice.
So divas, I challenge you not to sit on your loins if you did well or give up because you weren’t perfect. Simply choose to begin to make or continue to make healthy choices right now!
Now just before you get too excited and decide to lose weight, organize your entire house, get out of debt and make your children stop backtalking all at once:
1. Write down what you would like to accomplish in 2014…about your health or otherwise.
2. Then, breathe and decide what SMALL, GRADUAL changes you can REALISTICALLY make right away.
Focusing on one small goal at a time you will stay encouraged and feel more accomplished.
Now before you let yourself off the hook and vow to start your healthy choices next week, here are a few things you can do TODAY to start to ease into your New Year’s fitness goals:
1. Increase your water intake. Sweet holiday treats are full of sugar and salt! Jump start metabolism and detox naturally with good ol’ H2O! If you can stand it, try to drink mostly water all day–skip the soda, and other sweetened beverages…especially diet drinks which have actually been linked to causing increased hunger!
2. Get some support. Perhaps it is just me but it is EASY for me to skip a workout when I am going alone! A workout buddy or a group class with other POSITIVE people are harder to skip out on!!! Looking for a group of fabulous, positive ladies…join the DANCE FIT DIVAS! We are starting a new Bible study called Made to Crave to help bridge the gap between a woman’s desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment necessary to make that happen. Join our Meetup Group to stay in the KNOW!
3. Have Fun! New Year’s Resolutions and/or goals should be inspiring. They shouldn’t drag you down or taunt you with all the things you haven’t done. What are some creative and unique ways that you can come up with to get your stuff done?
The New Year just like each and every NEW DAY we are blessed with has the potential to be great.
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning
You will enjoy this:
Pep Talk From the Kid President (link: http://youtu.be/l-gQLqv9f4o)