Ok Divas, it is 2013! We have been on our cruise and the holidays are behind us! It is time for us to get serious about our fitness goals and cut the CRAP! “Cut The CRAP” is a 21 day challenge to eliminate unhealthy foods from your diet. Our challenge is a great way to jump-start your healthy eating resolutions AND we will be journeying TOGETHER!
CRAP stands for…
Caffeine –I like to have a cup of coffee in the morning and actually 1-2 cups of coffee or tea per day are not that bad. It is the Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and all the other sugary stuff that people (me included) tend to put in coffee that is the issue. Also, having more than a couple of cups per day can lead to muscle tremors, rapid heartbeat, nervousness, and depression.
Refined Sugar – Just think of EVERYTHING! Just about everything in the American Diet has sugar in it! My beloved Coca-Colas, cakes, candy and just about every packaged food you can buy in a vending machine.
Alcohol – I have always viewed alcohol as empty calories. I am not one of those people who need alcohol to unwind and have a good time! Just turn on music, and I am ready to dance completely sober! At any rate, limiting alcohol in take is a critical part of cutting the crap.
Processed Foods – Most things that come in a box, jar, can or foam packaging from a fast food restaurant are processed. Most processed foods contain bleached wheat flour like white bread (gasp!). White sugar, white rice, white pasta are all processed and should all be avoided-at least during the challenge and then eaten in moderation afterwards.
So what do YOU need to do for our “Cut The Crap” challenge:
1. Eat things prepared by human hands NOT a machine and drink lots of water:
Lean cuts of meat!
Don’t even know what a healthy plate looks like? Go HERE
2. Write your food down on a food diary OR use an APP for your mobile phone. Need a food diary? Go HERE.
3. You can have one *cheat meal* a week.
4. If your physician agrees, take a daily fish oil supplement.
5. Take a steam bath at least twice a week—-Make it fairly hot to sweat out toxins and add some Epsom Salts. Use a body brush all over, working in the direction of your heart.
Don’t forget to come on back to class this week!!!! Go HERE for our calendar!