Ok Divas, we are almost a full week into our “Maintain Don’t Gain Holiday Challenge“. Since the BIG GAME (Thanksgiving) is only a few days away, we need to do a little “pre-game” preparation! The old saying is true……we don’t plan to fail…we FAIL to plan.
Here are just a few tips to help you avoid a fumble in your fitness goals on the biggest eating day of the year.
1. Don’t fast all day: I am sure none of you will skip a meal since you would lose a point in our Maintain Don’t Gain Holiday Challenge, but just in case you thought you might save all of your calories for Thanksgiving Dinner…forgetabouit! Waiting all day to eat is a great way to guarantee that you will overeat and be cranky!
2. Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is one of the best methods to assure that you will not overeat. Often, thirst is mistaken for hunger. Plus, with a belly full of non-caloric water, you won’t have room for more pie!
3. Load up on veggies: When making your plate at Thanksgiving dinner, fill at least one-half (1/2) of your plate up with veggies. Filling your plate with veggies helps with portion control and if you eat them first…you may only have room for a spoonful or two of that delicious baked macaroni and cheese!
4. Move your body-Go for a walk, turn on some music and dance, play Just Dance or Dance Central on the Wii, Xbox or PlayStation or work-out with the Dance Fit Divas on our youtube channel! Just don’t sit around all day eating! If you are in the Winston-Salem, NC area…join us for the Katina and Courtney combined work-out Monday November 25, 2013 6:00pm!
5. Spend more time with people you love and be THANKFUL! Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15